Saturday, May 28, 2016

Thoughts in my Head

   Hey Everyone!

   Well, yesterday was interesting. All perky in the morning, but then something happened and I went downhill in the afternoon. Dunno what happened! Suddenly I was imagining meetings with Carmen and those were awful. Plus that nasty voice in my head decided to pitch in as well. Least it's gone today and I don't plan on it coming back. :P
   You wanna know what I love? Getting super long emails from my friends when I wake up in the morning, especially after a bad night. Now, that's a bit contrary for me to say, since I hate not getting answers as soon as possible when I'm in a bad mood. But see, that's the thing. It doesn't matter when I get the email. Not really. Because I love just getting them. I think that the only reason it bothers me so much then is because I want to get out of the bad spell ASAP. Plus, that nasty voice is a big pain in the butt.
   Still, after last night, I liked getting emails from my friends. One replied right after and this morning I got two super long emails from another. Getting messages from both was super great. Writing the emails in the first place helped a good deal, then getting the emails were even better!

   Now, to get to what I actually wanted to talk about. With those emails, I realized the best message. It's pretty similar to what Dare to Believe, Belief is Powerful, Going Against the Grain, and a few other entries I've written.
   That voice last night tried to degrade who I was as a person. Who I really am. Who I'm proud to be. So in the email I wrote, I fought back. Maybe not as well as I wanted to, because I couldn't remember the right words. But here's what my friend Violet helped to remind me.

   I'm quirky, I'm small, I'm weird, and that's okay. I am who I am. No one can replace who I am. If I'm not good enough for someone else, that's their loss. And I'm good enough for my friends, weirdness and all.
   I may not be super-model gorgeous. I may not fit in the social grain. I may not be 'normal'. But who cares? I'm decently smart, intelligent in more things than I'd first think of. I'm skilled in a fair amount of things. Maybe I'm not perfect, but I'm fantastic as I am. That's why I hate my bad spells and my friends do, too. Because that's not me. It's that nasty little voice taking over.

   And, of course, I've got a great song to go with today. Well, there's a ton of my favorite songs I could choose for today, but I decided with a recent favorite. Course, disclaimer: I don't it or the copy-write, all that. Now, this is from Wicked, that Broadway musical. Idina Menzel sings in this (she was Elsa's voice in Frozen).
   I love this play actually because of my favorite trilogy 'The School for Good and Evil'. The author mentioned that it was partial inspiration for him like some other things for the series. I'd heard of Wicked before, managed to find the whole show somehow, and then watched it. Like 'The School for Good and Evil' became one of my favorite series, this became one of my favorite songs, mostly for the same reason (won't tell you what reason, make your own opinions first!). Check out both the books and this song!


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!