Sunday, May 8, 2016

Saying Goodbye?

   Happy Mother's Day everyone! Remind everyone and have a wonderful day!
   Now, new readers, please look at Introducing Me when you can and any other posts that catch your eye. Returning readers, always glad to have you back.

   Doing this so early in the morning means that I have to force myself not to write again until the afternoon. Then again, I have things to do before my show comes on tonight. But this is addressing some events of yesterday, primarily the evening.
   I had a bad spell. It was bound to happen, though it's been one of the first since I started this blog, which is impressive. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as others, but I still cried. It took an email to my friends to figure out why I was so upset and I just wrote out the answer by accident in the email.
   I've said before in my post called "Always Fighting" (formerly called "Remember"), that I'm going to have to say goodbye to them soon. Perhaps almost for good.

   Yesterday, I first thought it was because of some issues with my books. I want to bring several with me on my next big trip, but my mom's concerned about room. But I can't just choose. Like my faith and friends, my books are very precious to me. They've gotten me through these hard times. I read part of a book last night to get rid of the worst of my bad spell.
   One person asked if I'd already read them. When I said yes, she just said "Then why bring them?" Now, I didn't know her very well, so I didn't answer. I don't know you any well than her, but I will say here.
   Have you ever read a book, over and over, until you know the characters so well, they may as well be flesh and blood next to you? You can hear what they say before they say it? That's why I want to bring them.
   I love books I know so well because then I can ask for advice. You're probably thinking "Oh, that's ridiculous, it's just your imagination." Well, maybe it's not. Maybe it's my subconscious, using their voices to tell me what to do.
   Using that logic, book characters may as well be like my best friends. But no one is like my best friends. No one can make the memories we have. No one can talk to me like they do. No one can make me smile like they do, even when they aren't around. And I won't be making any more memories with them soon. We'll be on our separate paths, far away from each other.
   When I admitted this to one of my friends, she didn't think that there was anything we could do about it. I didn't want to say yes, because I don't believe it. I didn't want to say no, because any answer I'd give would maybe sound selfish or ridiculous. So I answered that I didn't know. Because I don't.

   So, readers, what do you think? Is there anything that helps you? A song? A movie? Maybe even a joke? Feel free to write in the comments or just think it over in your head.
   I don't own this song's copy-write or anything, but I thought I'd share. Not fantastic quality, but it's alright.



-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!