Sunday, May 22, 2016

Belief is Powerful

   Hello everyone!

   So, the past few days, I've brought up the topic of bullying. Here, I'll talk about what I think about bullying.
   Honestly, I don't understand it. Kids putting others down to feel good about themselves, giving themselves a moment of power. But how long does it last? Seriously, I want to know. Because it just seems to be a circle of misery. Bullies have followers who could just as easily bring them down with the same tactics. And that's what often happens.

   People often separate these situations into two groups: Bullies and Victims. And it makes sense, if you're just looking at it. Then when you think about it, those are just generalizations. I've been a Victim, which hurt a lot and for a long time. But I felt worse for the Bullies.
   As far as I could tell, they didn't have many real friends, or many people that actually care about them. Gossip could be turned against the bullies as easily as they turned it against others. And I've seen that happen to some people. I want to help, so many times, but I don't know how. Maybe it's easier for me behind the computer, where I can type up my thoughts, without worrying what others might say to interrupt me. It doesn't help them, though, when it really should be a helping hand.

   Belief, though. That's powerful. I talked about it in some other entries (Dare to Believe was one). We can believe lies told about us and what we tell others. Others can hear us and believe what we say. It's a circle, but we choose which kind. I want to choose good.
   It's hard though. Really hard. Especially when you've been hurt so bad and you can't think of anything else. It hurts others and it hurts yourself. I'm always trying to stay true to my conscience. It's not easy, when you want to take the nice smooth path rather than that difficult one full of obstacles. But which is better: knowing how to walk the easy road or the hard one? An easy road is easy, yeah. Then again, how much do you learn? On the hard path, you try, you fail, then eventually you succeed. More often than not, you come out stronger than before.

   Why do so many people take the easy road? When it comes to bullying, the easy thing to do would be to laugh along, maybe become more 'popular' that way. The harder thing to do is to step away, not encourage it, but not do anything else either. The hardest thing to do is stand up for others, or yourself.
   Which seems more worth it?

   I've got another clip for you to go with this entry. It's from the 1995 version of "A Little Princess" (no, I don't own the copy-write, and all that stuff). I love the book and I love this movie version. Book and movie aren't completely the same, but this belief holds in both. Towards the end-ish, but I don't think I'd call it a spoiler. Still, watch the movie if you enjoy this!


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!