Saturday, May 21, 2016

Thinking Things

   Hellooo Everyone!

   So, today was a thinking day. It was mostly just doing work that was kind of routine work. Which for me meant a lot of thinking.
   Yesterday, that video got me thinking about bullying. Weird timing, because the whole Carmen story came back into my life not too long after I posted that. Anyway, I won't get into that now.

   Still, bullying is a problem. It starts and extends in different forms, including things like cyber-bullying. There's the name calling, usually the most used form and varies greatly. And then there are the other forms. Silent treatment, turning others against a person for personal gain, things like those.
   I'm often afraid of my actions leading to turning others against those who've wronged me, like in a bad way. I certainly don't try to do it on purpose. Most of the time when I say something hurtful, it's because my emotions get in the way. That's not an excuse, or a very good reason, but I am human.
   Maybe that doesn't make sense. It kind of does to me. I don't want those girls to lose friends because of what I say, no matter what they've done. Sure, I don't want others to be hurt like I did, but it's still wrong to hurt them. You know?

   Still, my social anxiety was (I believe) caused by former friends essentially giving me the silent treatment. They slowly pushed me out, especially as we got older. Somehow I was still in denial when one used the words "I just like to talk to other peeps more."
   But you see where that all came from and led to? After I realized, it crashed my confidence. Took me several years to finally realize that people actually liked to have me around. Which is why I never want to see that happen to anyone else. Not my friends, not my family, not even the girls who hurt me. Especially being hurt by bullying.

   If you're being bullied, tell someone. Parent, teacher, friend, sibling, doesn't matter. As long as you know that the person will trust you, they should be able to help you. I'm here too, if you really don't trust anyone around you. There's an email form on the side bar (you can use a fake name, I'm pretty sure). Just find someone.
   Here's a clip for another part of that episode, and I really love this part as much as the other one. Again, I don't own Girl Meets World and all that.
    Before I end, remember, find someone to trust. Find people like those in this group of friends. And never let them go, cause they'll never leave you (and, someday, they might need you, too).


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!