Sunday, May 29, 2016

Appearances (pt 1)

   Hey, everyone. You've probably noticed the new page called "My Story" and the fact that there's not much inside of it yet. I'll update it when I feel ready to share the whole story with all of you.

   Now, to today's topic. How you see a person is mostly based on their appearance right? They could be pretty or ugly or hot or nerdy or goth or any other generalized description. Why do we do that? I'm seriously wondering. Why does it matter what a person looks like on the outside?
   I mean sure, we wouldn't want people walking around naked, cause that's a little bit gross (though with today's society, it's pretty much encouraged now). And you always want to look nice for a job interview or a date.
   But on the everyday things we wear, why? I've been trying to figure that out since several years back. Two girls that I knew fairly well, one was more my friend than the other, were talking but stopped as I came up. I don't remember what I slightly overheard exactly, but I sort of remember hearing my name mentioned and something about what I wore. Now, since that was the first time I saw them that day, I knew that it couldn't have been about my current appearance, but about something else. I was guessing probably my overall way to dress.
   Honestly, my motto is just to wear whatever makes me comfortable. This doesn't mean shirts that cover half my body, or shorts that may as well be underwear, or tight jeans/pants, or anything like that. It means soft pants that are mostly loose, t-shirts or sweaters, or anything else like that corresponding with however dressy I need to be. I have a few pieces of 'stiffer' clothing for formal occasions, which I hate wearing even then. I'm not comfortable in them. I don't wear anything outlandish, though I don't always care if it matches or not.
   I still wonder what's wrong with my appearance to others, though. That wasn't the first time something like that had happened and it hasn't been the last. I'll entertain the thought for a while, but then roll my eyes and smile, because I'm comfy, so why bother what others think?

   I have caught myself judging others though. Maybe not on what they wear (unless it's totally revealing, boy or girl, then I'll look away), but on how attractive they may be. But that's probably my subconscious being bothered.
   See, any time I'd loose a friend, it'd be because they'd start hanging around another, more 'attractive' person. Didn't matter if it was a hot guy or gorgeous girl. Sadly, I'm actually not exaggerating here with my observations. Sometimes the friend would be attractive themselves and that would add to my fear.
   I think that's the only reason I might be becoming a bit more vain (which is a lot for me, because I really don't care). Well, that and if I develop a short time crush. Hopefully, the fear goes away again. Until then, I'll continue to be myself! Hmm, I think I've figured out my topic for tomorrow. See you then!

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!