Monday, May 2, 2016

Age

   Hey there! New readers please read Introducing Me when you can. Returning readers, always nice to see you back. :)

   Today, I was thinking about age. I've realized that half the time I feel old, older than any of my friends and any others my age. The experiences I've faced fill me, so that's not really surprising. But then there are times that I feel young, almost childlike.
   Another of my friends told me somewhat recently that I was really gullible. Honestly, I contributed that to the fact that I'm often tired and my concentration has been deteriorating these past few months (I blame stressing in school). Then when I felt like retorting with that and adding that I don't mean to do that, I didn't. I realized that maybe, I was purposely reacting like that. Well, not consciously, but it made sense.
   As people grow older, they morn the loss of innocence. So, as a girl who's wanted to treasure that for as long as possible, it is very possible that my subconscious was making me react that way on purpose. I mean, native is a kind of gullibility. Since I've grown up so much in these past several months and years, that's gone. Guess all that's left is gullibility.
   What do you think? Does this logic fit?

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!