Monday, May 23, 2016

Memorable Friend

   Greetings, readers!

   What do you do when you want to follow your heart? Well, I'd do it, about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, there are good reasons not to. Primary reason: someone could get hurt.
   There used to be a way that I could figure out the right way to go. All I had to do was talk to my best friend at the time: Jade. She was my anchor, my confident, and... my cat.

   Now, I know some people could find that crazy. I mean, what kind of little girl talks to cats without being crazy? Let me assure you, I am completely crazy! Jade, at the time, was the only one I could talk to.
   She'd just purr, no judgement, no getting mad, she never ignored me. She was a fraidy-cat, but she'd seek me out when I was upset. I'd cry into her fur and she wouldn't care it I got her wet. Honestly, at such a young age, she was a gift from heaven.
   When she died, I was devastated. I don't think I showed it outwardly, at least, not as much as I felt it inside. I remember one time wondering what I was going to do without her. Who could ever replace her? Well, no one could, but I had some friends again, more real than before.
   Years later, I have closer friends than I did then, plus two cats who love me as much as she did. Seriously, I started this and they both walked up to me to see how I was doing. Those three friends I've mentioned remind me of Jade every day because of how they've helped me through my depression and social anxiety.

   Back to my original question, I'm still not sure what do do about that. My friends are pretty good at calming me down about those situations. I mean, it could cause hurting someone, others or myself or both. Jade always helped, like they do. It'll be okay, eventually.
   Who helps you in your tough decisions? Who's your conscience when yours is blinded?

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!