Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Real Identity"?

   Hey, everyone.

   Have you ever thought "Who am I?" Have you ever just wanted an opportunity to be a "better" you? Someone that the people you've known all your life will be slightly surprised to know? I have, sometimes.
   I don't want to be like everyone else, no. I don't want to be "popular" or draw too much attention to myself. I just sometimes I was more confident, that I would speak my mind more because sometimes my close family looks down on that. Yeah, I obsess over things and I'll repeat myself when I don't realize until after that I've done it. I've been criticized more than often for doing so.
   I've been told to listen more. I've been told to speak up. I've been told to do so many contradicting things by people who think that they're doing their best for me. And while sometimes it is what is best for me, it isn't always.

   What I want with a new start is to become more myself than I already am. But even without that new start that's coming up, I've tried starting to do more now. At home, maybe not, but elsewhere, yeah. Not sure how much it's working.
   I will say though, in the past few years and in this past year, definitely, I've changed a lot. I'll talk more with my friends and actually have an opinion. Sure, maybe not at home, but it's still good, right? My opinion is mine. Why shouldn't it be heard now and then? Of course, not to insult another, like for gossip or destroying another's reputation.
   Which is why I'm always kind of hesitant about what I post. I don't want to hurt Carmen's reputation or any of the other girls' (the ones who hurt me). It's just hard to share experiences like those without mentioning those involved. Telling the truth is a big thing of who I am. I don't want to ruin anyone else because of it, though. That's not right.

   What makes you you? How do you know who you are? Who helps you stay the true you?

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!