Saturday, June 11, 2016

Predicted It- Sort Of

   Hey, everyone. Sorry if this comes on late today. Also, I may or may not be giving my full story on that My Story page here. Maybe next week? No promises, just in case! Still, I'm going to start slipping things with this post with the stuff I've been holding back so you guys get to know me first, before knowing my life's specifics.

   Anyway, I'd known for months that something would happen involving Carmen. And I was right. I saw her again, in person, for the first time in months. I last saw her, whooo, last September? Wow, it was that long ago?
   Still, our last conversation, the one that ended our friendship was in February. Needless to say, hearing that she was there, right nearby, that caused me to panic. But, when she walked in, I didn't feel anything. No anger, no sadness, or anything really. I wasn't expecting any happiness, and that didn't happen at all.
   After the afternoon went on for a while, we didn't exchange any words except maybe an off-handed "hey." I knew I was going to cry yesterday, which I did end up doing, though not for as long as I thought I would. Well, it was ruined a little by some unplanned things happening.
   What set me off was the tearful goodbyes to some teachers. And then a song that reminded me of the time when my opportunity to make a new start began. That time where I started to meet my new friends, the same ones who've helped me so much.

   When the tears started to flow, I broke. Suddenly I realized something. What I'd been waiting for, what I'd been hoping for the whole year, had finally happened. But... It was so wrong. I'd missed Carmen so much, I'd wanted to see her again for so long, and then, well, you know.
   I didn't even talk to her. I barely even made eye contact with her. She seemed the same, though maybe not as outgoing as I remember.
   Remorse came through with the tears. Even if my depression, social anxiety, and bad spells were to blame, I still felt guilty about what happened.
   Is that wrong? What should I have done? With other events coming up, I know I'll probably see her in person again soon. Anyone have any advice?

   I did end up sending her a message via FB (different name than I use here; I'm paranoid of the internet). No answer yet, and it says it'd still unread.
   Any advice I've gotten is to wait for her to make a move. Before it was her to do it first, now I've acted to I'm waiting for her to make a second to my first.

   If there's no advice for that, any ideas on how to get this more out there? All I've got is the default Google+, my own Facebook actions, and my occasional email to some friends. Anyone have ideas for either problem?

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!