Thursday, June 23, 2016

See What Happens

   Hey, everyone. Now hopefully I can make a long one today. Let's see what happens!

   For the past year and most of my life, I have been afraid. I want to bring into the world who I really am, but I believed I couldn't. Everyone's doubts, everyone's comments, my own way of thinking, has prevented me from being who I wanted to be for so long.
   And I'm sick of it.

   I dress how I like. I'm going to stop caring about what others think.
   I stick out in group pictures because of my unique way of doing things (mostly how I dress). Time to embrace it.
   I used to be afraid of speaking out. Now I'm learning not to care, as long as it's what's true to my morals.
   I am different. No one will ever be like me. Because they can't.

   Someone recently said that I'm confident. When I heard that, I honestly didn't believe it. I thought that I must be an awful good actress for others to see me that way. I constantly am doubting myself, wondering if I'm making the right choices because I seem to keep making the wrong ones.
   Now I figure I may as well live up to that title. I used to not care about what others thought about my personality, now it's time to go back to that. I'm going to follow my instincts and what my heart tells me. Even if that means I have to go against well reasoned advice that my friends give me.
   Following my heart and gut instinct has never let me down. Ignoring them or reasoning out of it has hurt more than me following it in the first place. Old and new situations involving both Carmen and other old friends has proved that to me.

   Now, I don't own the rights, blah, blah, blah, and this might not seem like it matches what I'm saying here, but I think it does. This is from the spin-off of one of my favorite shows, Once Upon a Time. The spin-off, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, only lasted a season, but I loved it all the same.
   Watching this trailer for the first time and then again now brings back the same feelings. No one believes Alice and her stories, but in the end, well, you'll have to watch to find out (both trailer and show).
   I plan to be like Alice. Comepletely myself, even when everyone makes you doubt yourself.
   Let's see what happens... :)


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!