Sunday, July 3, 2016

Peace for Today

   Hey, everyone.

   So, busy, of course. I mean 4th of July weekend and everything. I don't remember last year at this time really. I was just realizing everything about depression and social anxiety at this time last year, so maybe that's not surprising.

   This morning I had a very vivid dream. It felt so real that I was disoriented when I woke up. My friends and I have a special nickname for me, generally having to do with "seeing the future". Maybe it's silly, especially with my faith, but I feel like I have a 6th sense sometimes.
   My dream had to do with one of my 2 family members with cancer passing away. I was heartbroken and my dream self was crying so much, that's what caused me to be so confused when I woke up. I sort of dismissed it, reminding myself that while it would happen in the near future, both members of the family were still alive and kicking.
   But then an old friend of mine, one whom I've made peace with in the past several months after some years of no contact, posted something on Facebook. Her mother, who'd struggled with cancer for some years now, passed away this morning. It was just her and her mother at home when it happened. Right around when I had the dream.

   My heart goes out to her and her family. Can all of you pray for my friend and her family? Losing someone, especially someone so close to you on a happy day like today is hard.
   Pray for them, please.

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!