Thursday, May 25, 2017

Friends turned Best Friends

   Hey, everybody! So, just a warning, this is gonna be super sappy, but I said early on in the makings of this blog, I share happy and random thoughts as much as I do sad thoughts on bad days. Either way, I'm about to tell you all about a very special person close to my heart in this post today.

  First, however, I want to express my thankfulness and gratitude to Violet for her post yesterday. We talked about it afterword, but it doesn't hurt to say it here as well. She's a very close friend of mine, as she's expressed and I've said in past posts. If you've been here a while, you'll notice I talk about her most out of my friends. That's because, like she comes to me, I go to her to figure out what the heck is going on in my head. Both with mental illness issues and anything to do with writing. Which is another thing, her writing is not absolute trash!!! I love reading it and so will you, I hope.

   (Also, that aerobics video was on point. XD)
   But, really, I asked her to join because most of my advice here has either come from my own intuition or something she told me and it bled into my subconscious. And I love working on things like this with her. I think asking her to join me to talk with all of you is a wonderful idea. She speaks with her own voice, which I think is something to be admired and treasured in a friend like her. :)

   Now... I'm probably going to embarrass myself and someone else very much with the rest of this post. But, to be fair, he has also been offered a place on this blog as an author when I revealed that I was the author of this blog to him. And he has accepted, so no doubt he'll get back at me for writing about this, making me go more shy than I'm about to make myself.

   If you haven't guess or missed my occasional references of him before, though no name of him has been included as of yet, I am talking about my boyfriend.

   His real name, like all mentioned here, is going to be left unknown. What he's decided to be called here is Felix. Being the dork he is, that's the name of a book character and a dragon, no less. I don't mind, though. We're both dorky and nerdy. Pretty much how we met in the first place, actually. Whether it's meeting on FB through a post I made or in person for a nerd meeting (which was sadly cancelled that day), both of our "first meetings" had something to do with being total nerds.

   Felix has been a part of my life since pretty much right around when we started college together. I honestly had no idea he'd become so important to me as the months passed by. We just grew closer as friends, not really admitting to ourselves or each other that we may like the other more than just as friends. When he told me he liked me (finally), it took me three weeks to tell him outright I returned his feelings. As cliche as it sounds, everyone knowing the truth before we did ourselves is completely true. We found that out not long after we got together when pretty much everyone admitted to us that they figured it was bound to happen.

   But, really, though, Felix means the world to me. He's helped me so much through rough days already. Whether it's been me in tears or not speaking at all, he's been there for me. In return, I've helped him through his bad days, talking with him and giving hugs. And most of this was before we even started dating!

   Honestly, I'm just happy every day when I get to wake up and I'll have a message from him because he woke up before me. It's different, I'll admit and I'm probably bias on liking his messages most when my phone vibrates. But I'm happy. Which can be said for a lot in the past year and a half.
   I mostly had that gap between November and March of no posts because that was when a remembrance of everything that had happened the year before was re-occurring. So even though I was very happy when I started dating Felix, I was afraid to get back on the blog and bring back all those memories. However, with each anniversary, if you will, that came up, Felix would do something to keep my mind off what had happened a year before. And it worked. Even when other sad memories come up and he helps talk me through them or just spends time with me, I always make sure to thank him. Because what he, and other friends, do for me on days like those are things I'll always be trying to repay.

   I miss Felix greatly at the moment. He's halfway across the world on an abroad trip through the college. We've worked it out for good nights and good mornings. I'll admit, the first week was hard. I worried constantly, whether I said so or not. But he's having a great time and we have long talks when we can, sometimes staying up later than either of us should.

   I'm really proud of him. Not just for what school work he's doing out there, but also what he's gone through up until now. Since he's going to be an author here as well, I'll leave it to him to share what parts of his story he wants told. I can say, though, that I love him very much and I thank God every day for bringing us together.

   Now, enough of the sappy talk. I'll leave it here with a song. No doubt I'll be teased about being all adorable or something. But I'll do the same to him when he writes about me, so ha!

   I don't own this song and all credits go to their rightful owners. It's just awesome. I love Really Slow Motion's music.



-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!