Monday, November 28, 2016

Not Defined

   Hey, everyone. I now see why my favorite bloggers don't post every day. It's not because they don't care. Life just gets in the way.
   Which is why I'm going to try coming back.

   Recently, I've been having a hard time again. I love helping other people, but sometimes it's hard when you don't know what to do or say because you don't have any experience to help yet. Definitely going to try, though.

   But that's not what today's post is for. Today I've been thinking about Labels. I mean, I've talked about them before in previous posts, I believe.
   I haven't thought it before, but having Depression and Anxiety can be turned into labels. Personally, I haven't experienced that. Which is the only reason why I haven't really brought that up.
   It shouldn't define you, these labels. If people tell you how you should feel, I know it's not easy to ignore them, but unless they've been though something similar, they don't know what you're going through. They are not you. Don't let them tell you who you are.

   I'm not perfect, and I own that. I'm going to find someone who accepts me for who I am, like my friends now do. Someone who knows my flaws, but doesn't judge or try to fix them for me. Someone who just stands by my side, doesn't leave when things get hard, and lets me fight my own demons. Because the only way I can get rid of it is to do it myself. Yes, I need the help of others, my friends mostly. But it's still my war.
   It's never easy. And don't let anyone tell you "If you just did this..." or "Why don't you just stop doing this?" Because it's complicated. You know that. I know that. It takes time and hard work. Like battle strategy, sometimes quite literally.

   We're not defined by our "labels." They're a part of who we are, but they are not the summary of our existence.
   I'm adding some quotes here. All credits go to those whom the quotes belong.


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!