Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Being

   Hey, everyone.

   Sometimes, being yourself is hard. After a while, you become someone people expect of you. You change a little bit, and those closest to you gawk, wondering why. So you go back to "normal" around them. It's not easy to change.

  Which is why I like the opportunity to be in a new place. I don't have to be that same girl anymore. Quiet, scared, alone.
   The thing is, when no one else is around, I'm like that again. It's not easy. I still have depression, I still have social anxiety. Making new friends is great, it's just... Well, it's the same questions I've had before. Who'll stay? Who'll go? Will it be my fault, or a choice of theirs?

   Sometimes I wish I could just run. Maybe not away, because I don't want to leave my mess for others to clean up. I just want to run, to fly, just for one minute, just to feel free.

   Which is why:
   I write-     To discover more of who I am.
   I sing-       To feel my strength come through me.
   I talk-        To help others and myself.
   I believe-  To have hope when there is none.
   I am me.

   Song of the month will go for the last few days of this month and December. I'm surprised I didn't change it when I posted a few weeks ago.
   Credits go to the writers/singer/everyone else who went into this song:


-Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog. It's helped a lot. I just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or a question!