Saturday, April 30, 2016

Faithful

   Hey! New readers please read the Introducing Me entry when you can. And returning readers, Welcome Back! Glad to see you again.

   Now, one of the things that's been helping me through hard times is my faith. Yes, I'm a Christian. I won't say which denomination, because even if I'm proud of who I am I know others are uncomfortable with the faith. Still, it is an important factor for how I've been getting through hard times, so I did have to bring it up.
   I don't pray for all of my problems to be solved. I don't ask God to give me a miracle for everything. I do pray that He points me in the right direction to help myself. In return, He's given me the knowledge to know who I am, the instincts to know who to trust, and the talents to make an impact in this world.
   Now, I did have doubts. For a long time, I didn't really think He was helping too much. My old friends left me, a few stabbed me in the back, and I lost many who are close to my heart. I didn't really get mad. Anything that makes me angry makes me cry right after, so I generally avoid that feeling. Didn't stop me from getting a bit bothered.
   Then I started listening to some Christian radio stations. I'd gone to Christian camps before through my church, but that uplifting feeling would just last for a week and a little more. With these radio stations, I started having that feeling more often.
   A lot of people have said that they've surrendered totally to God after having those experiences. I think that's pretty cool, though that's not what happened to me. Instead, I regained the feeling of who I am, that I can trust myself, and I can trust that He'll guide me in ways so I'm okay. And, with personal experience, I can say it worked!

   Now, I don't own this song, nor did I write it, or anything like that, so this<<< is my disclaimer. But listening to this song recently reminded me of a time when I felt alone. I didn't really have any friends at the time, as they kept dismissing me. Eventually, I believed that I'd always be one step behind. I already felt dumb, as I was getting mediocre grades compared to my 'friends'. Until a year or so ago.
   I found this song recently and it reminds me of the harsh beginning, but hopefully the start to something better. So, without further ado, Hawk Nelson's "Anyone But You" (and again, I do not own the copyright to this song, so it's not mine).



-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or a question!